- For great tips on how to save energy, information about energy efficiency tax credits and lists of ENERGY STAR® qualified products and programs, please visit www.energystar.gov.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is the U.S. Department of Energy’s primary national laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. Learn more at www.nrel.gov.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors. Visit www.aceee.org to learn about energy policy, energy efficiency, how behavior affects efficiency, energy markets and more.
- Michigan Saves is a nonprofit dedicated to making energy improvements easier for all Michigan energy consumers by providing up to $30,000 in financing for homeowners to make energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements. Visit www.michigansaves.org to learn more!
- Together the City of Holland, Hope College, and the Holland Board of Public Works developed the Sustainability Institute to support outreach, education, and practices geared toward creating a more sustainable community. Visit www.hope.edu/sustainability-institute to learn more!
Home Energy Evaluations and Financing
- For an electric and water home efficiency check-up, HBPW offers a free 60-90 minute clipboard audit by a Building Performance Institute technician. The technician will evaluate your electricity and water use, and identify easy ways for you to save money on your utilities. He or she will also provide you with several free energy saving measures, such as LED light bulbs, a smart power strip, faucet aerators, and an LED nightlight. Please call 616.393.5610 to schedule an appointment.
- For a more comprehensive home energy evaluation and potential financing options available to Holland City residents, visit www.hollandenergyfund.com. The Holland Energy Fund is a nonprofit corporation that supports the City of Holland's long-range Community Energy Plan. The Fund facilitates two programs in partnership with the City of Holland, HBPW and Michigan Saves.
- If you are interested in energy and energy efficiency information, the U.S. Energy Information Administration provides independent statistics and analysis of U.S. and world energy data. Visit www.eia.gov to learn more.
- The U.S. government’s open data is available at www.data.gov. Here you can find the data, tools, and resources to conduct research, develop web and mobile applications, and design data visualizations.
Natural Gas Efficiency Rebates
- If you are planning on purchasing an energy efficient furnace, hot water heater, or an appliance that runs on natural gas, SEMCO ENERGY GAS COMPANY has rebates available, too. Visit www.semcoenergygas.com to learn more.