Water & Wastewater Services Superintendent (Full-Time)
This position is responsible for proper operation, maintenance, planning, design, and construction of the water distribution and wastewater collection system.
- Manage and review the performance of the W/WW Services group in the design, construction, inspection, operation and maintenance of the wastewater collection and water distribution system and assets, including water and sewer mains, manholes, lift stations, valves, hydrants, meters, service lines, pump stations and tanks.
- Maintain knowledge of current Federal, State and local rules and regulations as they pertain to the operation of the water distribution and wastewater collection system.
- Recommend, develop and implement short and long-range water distribution and wastewater collection programs.
- Prepare reports and monitor construction, operation and maintenance activities.
- Prepare and continuously monitor department operating and capital budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of department staff, including departmental trainings.
- Responsible for the compliance of all applicable regulatory requirements of the Safe Drinking Water and Clean Water Act.
- Oversee the operation of the Cross Connection and Miss Dig utility locating programs; assuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee new connections to W/WW systems.
- Ensure safety programs are implemented to meet HBPW and departmental goals.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least seven years’ experience in work involving construction, operation and maintenance of water distribution and/or wastewater collection systems.
- At least two years’ experience supervising staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with subordinates and other employees and to assign and supervise the work.
- Computer proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and maintenance management software.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to external and internal customers.
- S-1 Waterworks System license or the ability to obtain within two years of placement into this position.
- PE License (preferred).
Utility II - Warehouse (Full-Time)
This position is responsible for receipt, storage and issuance of a variety of materials and supplies for the Electric, Water, Wastewater and Fiber Departments.
- Receive, store and issue materials in warehouse, yard, and storage buildings.
- Prepare parcels and shipping paperwork for outbound shipments.
- Keep materials organized by quantities and locations using FIFO methods.
- Issue and setup materials for weekly work orders in a timely manner.
- Accurately input warehouse and inventory transactions into the various automated systems using hand held and personal computing devices.
- Conduct weekly/monthly cycle counting and inventory counts.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers, operate lift trucks, operate overhead crane, operate snow removal equipment, and safely utilize all necessary equipment in support of assigned duties.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse, storage yard, and all stored materials.
- Assist as backup for snow removal in the storage yard.
- Periodic assignments during outages and storms.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of warehousing/material handling principles and practices with two years’ experience.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good written and oral communication skills along with the ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor as well as perform mathematical computations accurately.
- Ability to solve problems and show good judgment.
- A current forklift operator’s license or the ability to obtain and hold a license.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Physically able to perform the essential duties listed above.
- Able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Work includes occasional exposure to fumes, odors, dust, dirt and/or contact with chemicals or toxins.
- Work includes periodic exposure to environmental hazards associated with electrical, mechanical and/or power equipment.
- Work includes frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold weather conditions.
Apply for any of these positions online.