Utility I - Custodian (Full-time)
This position is responsible for general maintenance of Service Center facility.
- Perform general maintenance.
- Perform routine/periodic maintenance, including changing light bulbs; keeping sidewalks, driveways and parking lots clear in winter, etc.
- Perform janitorial duties including cleaning the garage, warehouse, lunchroom, bathrooms and offices.
- Coordinate janitorial supplies needed for cleaning service and custodian use.
- Perform outside maintenance, including grounds, storage and facilities.
- Mow and trim grass, perform weed control and pick up litter.
- Assist Warehouse personnel as requested.
- Operate various motorized equipment including, but not limited to sweepers, mowers, tractors and snow removal equipment.
- Act as back up for Courier or Warehouse personnel during absences.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to relate well with other team members and HBPW staff.
- Reliability in performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
- A current forklift operator’s license or the ability to obtain and hold a license.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Summer Help (Temporary, Full-time)
These positions are temporary, full-time jobs that will last throughout the summer months and include landscaping and general maintenance work such as lawn mowing, painting, and cleaning. These open positions are located at the Water Treatment Plant, Holland Energy Park, Wastewater Treatment Plant and Water/Wastewater, Warehouse & Facilities Department at the Service Center. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Michigan's Drivers License.
Apply for any of these positions online.